Friday, December 14, 2012

Crock-pot Sloppy José's

Get it? The Spanish version of Sloppy Joe's? 

I rarely make recipes I see on Yahoo! Shine, but this one already had some reviews and it looked interesting. I was lured in by the versatility of the recipe, claiming you can use eat it on buns, in taco shells, or in a taco salad. Frankly, taco salad was the magic word as it is one of my weaknesses. We had two hungry 20 year old boys (missionaries) coming over for dinner right after I got home from work so I decided this would be a perfect time to try out the recipe. 

As I know how my mornings usually go, I cooked up the meat and chopped all the veggies the night before so that the next day I just pulled it all out of the fridge and threw it in the crock-pot for a 5 minute preparation. 

After work, I was welcomed home by a wonderful smell. We set the table with buns, tortillas, tortilla chips, salad, salsa and shredded cheese and told the missionaries to create their own masterpieces. Between the two of them they proceeded to eat: 5 sloppy joes, 1 huge soft taco, a plate of nachos, and some salad on the side. I think they liked the food. :)  Today for lunch I had an excellent taco salad and verified the recipe's claim. 



Ingredients:

2 lb lean ground beef
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 cups chopped red and/or green pepper
2 tsp salt
4 cloves garlic
2 16oz jars salsa (I used 1 jar mild and 1 jar medium)
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/3 cup tomato paste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper*
      (this is a tame amount, if you like spice feel free to add more)

Directions:
  1. In a skillet cook beef over medium heat until brown, stirring to break meat in pieces. Drain fat. In 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker stir together beef and remaining ingredients (except rolls).
  2. Cover; cook on high-heat setting 4 to 5 hours or low-heat setting 8 to 10 hours.

Recipe Credit: http://shine.yahoo.com/food/recipes/spicy-beef-sloppy-joes-535428.html

1 comment:

  1. GREAT LOVE SPELL CASTER (DR. DAVID) THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP. TEXT OR ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP:@ +2347040654140
    My name is MELISSA JAMES. I was married for 13 years. My marriage has been deteriorating for some time so it was bound to unravel. I was his loyal, faithful, supportive and trusting Wife. He had an additional wild side that went out of control. The last incident is when I found out that he was having an affair 2 weeks before our 14th wedding anniversary. Out of the blue my husband just sprung the divorce talk on me. I was so hurt and being an independent woman, I thought I could cope with being single. It was so hard to move on so I had to reach out for help online. Our marriage and family therapists thought that "something" was not right about my husband. I went online and I found out about Dr. DAVID and his good spell work reviews. I ordered for a Love spell on his website. 24 hours later in the morning around 09:34am I was totally shocked at how my Husband called me telling me how much he missed me. His spell worked on me so fast and my husband has been so loving, Natural and I'm having a happy marriage after using his love spell. If you are in a loveless and unhappy marriage that cannot be salvaged, believe me...There is light at the end of this tunnel. You can reach him on his contact details. email: awesomespelltemple@gmail.com You Can Also Call Him Or Whatsapp him on +2347040654140. or view his website for more review :http://awesomespelltemplem.website2.me and  https://www.facebook.com/UrgentEffectiveLoveSpell   ...

    ReplyDelete